Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I'm living...

I just had a crazy, "re-evaluate your whole life" moment.

My normal routine in the afternoon is to sit and do homework until my alarm goes off at 3:15 then walk down the street a few blocks to the kids' school and pick up my girls. Most days lately I have made my way out the door kind of slow and it's more like 3:20 when I walk out the door. Well, today, I forced myself to leave early. Katelyn, my nine-year-old, is part of the safety crew and she gets to take down and fold the flags each Wednesday so I wanted to witness her doing that today.

So, I left the house early. I almost drove but, after my commitment to increasing my activity level again I convinced myself to walk. I started down the street, walking, watching the people in their cars drive too fast, wishing they would slow down. About three houses down from where I cross the street I watched one of those cars get t-boned by a truck driving on a cross street, also too fast.

I'm thankful no one was hurt and I didn't have to do CPR or anything crazy like that. I'm thankful that I left the house when I did, as well.

SLOW down people!

While you're driving, while you're walking, while you're spending time with your children. Why are we all in a hurry all the time? So my victory today is just being here. Somedays, that's all you have.

What is your little victory today?

Guitarplayingmommy,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment