Thursday, June 9, 2011

Decisions

not my picture I found it on a google image search,
but I thought it was so cute
It seems to me that the decisions I make at the grocery store (or the check out line at a restaurant) can set me up for success or failure. If I don't buy the chips, I don't have them in the house to eat. If I buy an enormous salad at a restaurant instead of the onion rings that I had been craving then I can't eat the onion rings, can I. The trouble I have is the extra mouths in my life. The kids choose chicken strips and french fries at a restaurant and the husband requests a box of oreos from the store.... and I give in. I let them have it, then I have to turn down the offer when my kids try to share their fries with me..... which is never just a simple question, "mommy, do you want some of my fries" no, they always grab a few and hold them inches under my nose.

Last night I put my foot down, my husband finally opened the package of oreos that I have been staring at in the cabinet every time I open the door. Of course being a man who can eat a million calories and not gain an ounce he grabbed 5 oreos and left the package sitting on the counter, he sat down ate them then started to walk to bed and I stopped him..... Put up the cookies!! I don't even want to smell them!

I think I'm losing my mind.

Everyday several times a day, I have a moment when I think, I don't want to push myself right now, I want to enjoy my summer instead of trying so hard to lose any weight this summer but then I remind myself..... I don't feel good when I eat bad. It's not a guilt thing, I actually get sick when I eat high fat because I don't have a gall bladder. I am allergic to a lot of things that break out my mouth when I eat them, so I am learning (again) to talk myself out of it. Don't eat those chips, all you want is the salt... eat some olives instead.

I keep looking forward to the end of the summer when both of our children will be in school. I will have the day to myself while they are in class and I keep having dreams about going for a run or a bike ride or going to the Y to swim..... I need to just enjoy the time I am home with the girls this summer but that is hard to do. I've said it before, there is no happy medium, it's hard to be a stay at home mom. I love my children but they sure are intense sometimes.

Okay, time to move on.

What is your little victory today?

Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Heather.. There are lots of us rooting you on! You can count on us for support.. Anytime..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand, I have two teenage boys who want their chips and sweets. I allow the chips, but they have to keep them out of sight. I stopped buying little debbie snacks and buy lots of fruit. I occasionally bake them cookies, but they have to be hidden from me. The last time I divided up the cookies into ziplock bags and wrote each of their names on one & gave them to them. Then I wasn't tempted to grab one.

    ReplyDelete