Monday, June 6, 2011

plan for success VS. failure to plan

I'm back:
I have been out of school for 4 weeks,
My kids have been out of school for 1 week,
my husband is back at work after his one week vacation.......

This last week has been an adjustment for us all, getting used to all being home again is always a challenge but I am ready to be back to taking care of myself better and setting a good example for my children again. The biggest victory for me over the last several months is just reminding myself of how far I have already come and that I have *kind of* maintained the weight loss, I don't stress over 3 lbs weight gain, that is nothing. With my husband home this last week we have eaten bacon, eggs hashbrowns and sausage biscuits and gravy for breakfast every morning. A whopping 500 calories just for breakfast. Anytime I offered to take over for lunch or dinner he insisted that it is his job to take care of the meals on the weekends so he will also take over for his vacation time too. It was nice having a break from cooking everything but I am glad to go back to my high fiber breakfasts for sure.
So.....
starting with breakfast
Today I am having an english muffin with cream cheese and blackberry preserves, half a pink lady apple and some (drinkable) yogurt. 255 calories, 19.5 g fiber, 9 g protein

I have decided to cut WAY back on my caffeine intake again, I had somehow worked my way up to a full pot of coffee by myself on most days. 

I will run again tomorrow and Thursday and decide at that point if I will run the race on Saturday (2 mi or 10K)

What is your little victory today?

Guitarplayingmommy,
Heather

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a yummy breakfast. Enjoy the break from cooking, what a nice guy!

    ReplyDelete