Friday, June 10, 2011

feedback, again and again.

Today was a challenge.

I was able to sit and talk with a friend about my struggles with making myself a better person and her new struggles as a stay-at-home-mom. It's hard to take care of yourself when you are expected to take care of everyone around you. It is a challenge that I am still working on but it was nice to sit and talk with my friend about it today.

We went to lunch with our children at Chick-fil-a, one of my favorite places to eat out. I am disappointed that our mall location is now on a "limited menu" and no longer offers the wraps so I had to make a quick on-the-spot decision about what to order for myself. I settled on the chargrilled chicken garden salad with no dressing which ended up being a pretty good decision, 200 calories, 4g fiber, 23g protein with my medium diet lemonade and now i have a little baggie of sunflower seeds in my purse to snack on (or give the kids to snack on). I try to always carry some cut up apples with me in my purse too which was a great thing to help keep me full the rest of the day. The biggest challenge I had to face today was those darn waffle fries. My oldest daughter ordered chicken strips with fruit instead of fries but her meal came with fries anyways. When I returned the bag to the counter they told me to keep the fries and just gave us the fruit cup too. Grrrr, I don't want an extra small fry, thank you. But I ate my salad and I was happy. The kids were happy when they traded their toy for ice cream cones but again I had ice cream stuck under my nose three times..... they mean well, I'm glad my children want to share.

My victory today was receiving a message on my Facebook from Cody, the former clydesdale. He is my friend's cousin and I have been following his weight loss blog since before I started this blog. It's nice to hear from someone else that my silly ramblings have had an impact on them. Thanks Cody! Go show him some love!!!!

What is your little victory today?


Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

1 comment:

  1. I empathize with you, sometimes our kids make it tough. Bu you gotta love them. You did great! Thanks for the link to Cody's blog.

    ReplyDelete