Monday, July 25, 2011

Bicycle

Yesterday my mom calls me and asks if I want a bike.... yes, I DO! She found me a bicycle at goodwill and it actually fits me! I've mentioned before that I am short, 4'11" so my sister's bicycle was way too huge for me. Since I am starting the half marathon training I need to be able to add in some cross training on my non-run days and now I have a bike. I think I may also pick up a membership at the Y so I can do some swimming too. I'm just really excited to ride.

I've had a hard time the last week... struggling really. I'm beating myself up about gaining back some of what I had lost. I didn't think I had done that bad until I weighed at my parents house on Friday night. I'm hoping it was partly the high sodium couple of days and the two bottles of water I drank on the way over there more than anything but I had gained 6 pounds since the last time I had weighed in early June. I've laid off the salt and will weigh again tomorrow morning over there to get a better idea but here is where I am torn: I lost 40lbs from January to May of 2010 and I have not gained back any of it. In the last year I have lost and gained and lost about another 10lbs making a total loss of 50lbs but now I am back to my 40lbs loss.

I should be happy.

I use the mifflin equation to calculate my calorie deficit to lose. For that first 5 months I calculated to lose 2lbs a week but I reached a point where I needed to stay under 1000 calories to lose 2lbs a week and it was no longer healthy for me to continue at that rate. I told myself, I'm not in a hurry anymore. I am healthier today than I was two years ago and I am continuing to learn about myself through this journey.

What is your little victory today?

 Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment