Tuesday, April 5, 2011

internal battle

I told myself I would only post positive things on here, and this is positive, but I'm going to start with the negative. I had a rough day, really hard. I came home from running a ton of errands with a list of excuses to keep myself from having to run. Kids are sick, I melted my really expensive insoles out of shape trying to re-mold them, I don't feel great and I'm "not in a hurry" to lose this last 5 lbs..... and on, and on. I came home exhausted but all those miles I covered today (in the car) won't help me to be ready for my 15K race this weekend. So I did my best to try to fix my insoles, then I saw on my netflix queue that I had "Eat, Pray, Love"to watch so I laced up my shoes, changed my clothes and got on the treadmill. I ran 4.5 miles and I felt really good about it. I feel like I am back to myself again, my lungs are back to where I need to be.

That was a pretty awesome victory for today, but my true celebration is my husband. Today is our 8 year anniversary. It's hard to believe we have been married for 8 years, together for a total of over 11 years. We have been together through thick and thin, really. I only watched the first hour of the movie but I was really struck by some of the things said during the movie. I have spent my whole life in a relationship or recovering from a breakup only to jump right into another relationship. I feel like I am going through the same kind of recovery as the character in the movie only I am lucky enough to have my husband's support in these changes. I was never a priority in my life before. I wasn't important and I needed to be. I feel like the changes I have made in the last year and a half have helped to strengthen my relationship with my husband and with myself. We are stronger together now than we have ever been, together or separate.




What is your little victory today?

 Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment