Thursday, April 21, 2011

gifts galore

I mentioned yesterday that I have done a lot of crocheting lately, mainly baby hats and hiney covers. One of those sets (the bear) was for a friend that lives about 2 hours away and I haven't seen her since we worked together at a call center. She posted a message on Facebook asking if anyone knew a local knitter in her area willing to make her a baby hat. I responded and told her I don't knit but I crochet. She messaged me on a Sunday morning giving me an idea of what she wanted and after a few emails back and forth we decided on a bear which I had made and in the mail the next morning. Well today when I came home from school this was on my front porch.
Getting gifts in the mail is always fantastic but it's wonderful when it is a surprise. I was quite surprised, thank you Kathryn, the tulips are gorgeous, I'm excited to watch them bloom!

I had another surprise gift today at work, 
my boss gave me a wonderful smelling candle a few chocolates 
and some cute office supplies. I must be a nerd because I'm excited about this highlighter. 


P.S. I didn't like the tan at the bottom of the "puppy" hat so I ripped it out and put blue, like on the bear and made a diaper cover.


What is your little victory today?

 Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

1 comment: