Saturday, April 2, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Thursday I had another test so I set up the crock pot so dinner would be ready when I walked in the door.
This recipe came from a (set of 3 spiral bound) cookbooks that I ordered from an advertisement in the coupon section of the newspaper. It's a great set of books that is where I got the chicken cacciatore recipe from too.
1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 cans (15 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can (4 oz.) chopped mild green chilies, drained
chicken broth
corn tortillas
(the original recipe also calls for:
yellow onion chopped, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 1 tsp ground cumin, 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, but I always forget or get in too much of a hurry)

 Basically, I just dump it all in and set it on low all day.
When I come home and get ready to eat it I fry up some tortillas that I chopped into wedges.
Yes, that's right, I eat fried food.  
And we shred the chicken. It doesn't look very pretty, but it is very tasty.  
Top it with sour cream and cheese and serve it with tortilla chips.  


What is your little victory today?

 Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment