Wednesday, April 13, 2011

body image

this is me and my dad at one of my high school choir concerts
It's amazing what a little perspective can show you.


When I was in high school I hated my body. I would look in the mirror and see every flaw and just be miserable. I was in 2 dance classes and I walked home from school for lunch everyday so I was very "in shape" but I still hated what I saw in the mirror. It's amazing to me now (still 15lbs heavier than my high school weight) how proud I am of where I am at now. I don't have to look in the mirror to know that I am happy with who I am. I don't think I would have ever been this happy if I had just "stayed" thin from high school on. I feel like I sort of earned my stripes (stretch marks).
and me and my sister at the same concert

Which brings me to my next point, my stretch marks. I bought this special lotion quite some time ago that claims to repair skin that has been broken by stretch marks. The bottle of lotion was $40 and I kind of choked when I made the purchase but I thought it might be worth it to get rid of these scars. I used it a little bit off and on for about 2 weeks then I forgot about it. Recently I decided to start using it again and I really can tell a difference. My skin feels healthier and (just like their slogan) reduce the appearance of stretch marks, catapult confidence. I feel so good about my belly now. It's weird to actually think that, I thought I would always have these scars, but I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel now. 
this photo is from Feb 25th 

my camera does not take very good close ups, sorry.
But my skin is much healthier now.

What is your little victory today? 

Guitarplayingmommy, 

Heather

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I just might have to try that!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete