Friday, February 25, 2011

frequent questions

I love answering questions, send me an email, ask me anything, I will answer to the best of my abililty, or I will ask my friends for you. Tonight I will answer a question I get asked pretty frequently.

Most of the people asking me questions are moms, wanting to lose "the baby weight". I wish I'd had the excuse of calling my extra baggage baby weight, but it was all my own doing.  I started my first pregnancy at 165 pounds, gained 20 over the nine months and lost 25 before I left the hospital, after having extreme swelling and preeclampsia. In the 19 months before I got pregnant again I gained 10 pounds, starting my second pregnancy at 170. I gained 10 pounds with her and lost 20 within a few weeks of delivery, again with the edema. I also had my gall bladder out when my second daughter was just 6 weeks old after suffering with gall stones my whole pregnancy. My youngest daughter was 3 1/2 when I started using LoseIt! in late December 2009 at 178 pounds. At my highest weight I was 180-185 I think, but I had avoided scales for a long while there. As you can see, I had stretch marks really bad with both pregnancies, my husband said he would wake up in the night with me scratching my belly. I consider this a road map, showing how far I have come, I wear them like a badge, but honestly I wouldn't be sad if they disappeared. My high school weight was about 112 when I graduated in 1998, by the time I met my husband in early 2001, I had already put on my "freshman 15" but quickly put on another 30 pounds over the next year. I ended up with stretch marks down the backs of my legs and with my pregnancies I developed stretch marks down my thighs, butt and hips. It was awful! I hated the way I looked in the mirror, and I avoided shopping and anything that would remind of the changes that had happened in my body.


So, here is the question I get a lot...... Is there anything special you can do for the tummy area? How did you get your tummy to shrink? ......

Here is my answer....

I still have pudge. I think I always will but that is okay. I wanted the bulk of the weight off so that I would be healthy again. I wanted to feel sexy again and my husband certainly helps with that! I wanted to look nice in my clothes again and I certainly feel more comfortable.


If you have any questions for me, please ask!

What is your little victory today?


 Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment