Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Breakfast

I get asked a lot about my favorite foods and meals. Here is one of my favorite high fiber, low calorie breakfasts: A toasted english muffin with cream cheese and scrambled eggs. 

I start by toasting my english muffin in the toaster oven., then I spread cream cheese on the english muffin. 
I chop a few mushrooms and some onion (saving half for a quick breakfast before school tomorrow) and cook it in a skillet for a few minutes with some of bell pepper that I had already chopped and saved in the freezer (more on that later). After the veggies are well done I pour in 1/4 cup of egg whites and just cook it through and serve it on the english muffin. 


It doesn't look very pretty, but this is my favorite breakfast and it only took about 5 minutes to make and I saved half the veggies to make it again tomorrow morning before I run out the door for school. 
The best part is that this fantastic breakfast is filling and has 9 grams of fiber and 14.4 grams of protein and only 186 calories. I think the full plate diet people would approve. 


I use bell peppers in a lot of my meals but I hate chopping veggies so I just buy a whole bunch (or, like this picture, get a bucket from my parents garden) and spend an hour once a few weeks/months chopping it all and keep it in a bag in the freezer. 


These pictures are from November 2009 at about 180 pounds. 

What is your little victory today?


Guitarplayingmommy,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment