Tuesday, February 15, 2011

bouncing back

Here are a few pictures from the race on Saturday.
Jill Haukos is the teacher that keeps encouraging my to go farther, back in November it was 6 miles and this time it was 9 miles. As I approached the finish line at the cotton patch 14K I had "RUN" out of music (okay, only I thought it was funny), so I was just listening to the pounding of my feet and the sound of the girl behind me speeding up to pass me, grrrr... Anyways, I heard Mrs. Haukos yell, "go Heather!" from the sideline, I didn't see her, but she is the only female I knew at the race, so I am pretty sure it was her. Right after I crossed the finish line she walked up to me (10 minutes after she had finished, *sigh*) and asked how I felt and she told me, "now, you're ready for a half-marathon". Wow. She really is amazing and she is going to run in the Austin half marathon this coming weekend. I wish her the best, but I know she will rock it!

I really feel like I am in much better shape than I was back in November because I pretty much stopped running for a month after that 10K race, but today I ran 4 miles easy. 

Speaking of bouncing back.... I have been hesitant to post this picture for fear it is too risque for my blog... but here I go. My weight loss goal was a number on the scale simply because the number on the scale is the only way to accurately make a calorie budget, my real goals were more along the lines of how I feel and look and my health. One of the things that I HATED (i know, strong word) was my back fat. I hated that I had a fat roll that hung out of my bra. 

so here is my victory today..... 

my no longer "bouncing back" --get it? nudge, nudge. oh, I'm full of funny today. 

What is your little victory today?




Guitarplayingmommy,
Heather 

2 comments:

  1. You look amazing AND you are doing so AWESOMELY! I am inspired, and today, I can say that I went to training for my first 10K. I have been faithful for the past month, and it's been really fun. I am so glad I read your post!

    ReplyDelete