Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dinner

To finish out the day here is dinner tonight: Fish, mixed veggies, hush puppies and macaroni and cheese.

Here's everything I eat, 1 fish fillet, 2-3 hush puppies (tonight it was 3) whole wheat pasta with shredded cheese and 1/2 cup of mixed veggies

I like the grilled fish fillets, but the kids and husband do not, so he gets the breaded fillets and the girls eat fish sticks. My husband and I both like the jalapeno hush puppies and the kids get the original flavor. 

I pre-heat the oven to 425ยบ and spread everything out on a greased (with canola oil) cookie sheet and get it started cooking while I.....

boil some regular pasta for the picky eaters...

and toss the veggies in the microwave to steam for 5 minutes. 

I drain the regular pasta and toss in some velveeta to melt and start my whole wheat pasta boiling. 

Drain the whole wheat pasta and make sure my guesstimate was correct (1/2 cup), dump it on my plate and cover with 1/8 cup (2 tbsp) shredded 2% cheese and .......

VOILA! dinner is served. 

total for supper is 400 calories, 27 grams of protein, and 6 grams of fiber 


If you're keeping tally, grand total for the day is 1024 calories, 29.2 grams fiber and 63.7 grams of protein. 





What is your little victory today?

 Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment