Monday, February 7, 2011

back to it!

My husband went back to work today after a wonderful week home on vacation with us girls. We spent the week stuck in the house because of the bad weather, putting together puzzles and enjoying each others company. It was wonderful, but unfortunately we have to eat, so he had to go back to work today.

I had my Mom 2 Mom group again this morning. I really love that group of ladies. We had a speaker come talk to us today about organizing and it really got me thinking. The decision that I made to lose weight was about much more than weight loss. It was about taking control of my life! I wanted to feel like an organized person again, I wanted some order. I really feel like I had to get myself organized to be able to maintain weight loss for life. I started with my grocery shopping list. I sit down every other Friday and look at my calendar and plan what meals I expect to make for the next two weeks. I look ahead at the weather forecast  so I will know if I am setting up a soup in the crockpot on a day expected to be 80º or 30º. Then I make my grocery list and plan my shopping trip. I buy things in bulk at Sam's when I can and use coupons and ads to get the best deals on the meals I plan to prepare and I assure the meals will work well for my plan to lose weight. I have done this for the last year and I feel like it has really changed the chaos in my world and restored order. I feel like I am in control, and I make it so I am planning for success in my eating for 2 weeks ahead of the time. I know in the morning what I plan to make for supper and enter that to my LoseIt! app before I start my breakfast so I can be assured that I will have the calories left at the end of the day for a healthy, filling meal. I learned a lot this morning listening to the speaker, but my little victory today was completely unexpected....

I had someone approach me at the Mom 2 Mom meeting and tell me I had spoken to her "weigh n pray" group in January. With my inspiration she has lost 10 lbs! I just LOVE getting feedback from people I have spoken to. When I did that presentation, my first and only, I felt like I wasn't saying anything right. I stumbled and forgot key points and I came home and started this blog! SO yay for passing it on!


What is your little victory today?




Guitarplayingmommy,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment