Thursday, February 3, 2011

baby, it's cold outside.....

It's been VERY cold here lately, Wednesday when we woke up it was 1.4ºF before the windchill brought it down to -17º. Even Harley thinks it's cold. So lately all of my projects have been related to keeping warm. 

I converted a hand-me-down 2T sweater so it would fit Harley. I think he likes it, but he doesn't like when the girls put a hat and scarf on him.


This past August we installed all new double-paned windows in our house, so the room temperature in the house has been very consistent, but we have really started to notice the few drafty areas left in the house, like the garage door. We can feel the cold air rolling in from the laundry room in to our kitchen so we decided we would like to get one of those Twin Draft Guards for the door to the laundry room. I bundled up and went to wal-mart in search of one of these. It was $15 and would not cover our whole back door so instead I bought some supplies and made one myself. 


We turned this.....
into this!

$2.46 for a fabric remnant and $3 for the styrofoam pipe covers and I still have enough materials to make another one.

My little victory for today, bundling up. I wore my spandex pants, the ones I run in, under my size 4 blue jeans comfortably!


What is your little victory today?




Guitarplayingmommy,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment