Monday, February 28, 2011

busy weekend and new goals

This weekend was full of fun!

Saturday I took my daughters to a birthday tea party for a friend in our play group. Little girls dressed up in their best dresses and gloves, it was fantastic. The birthday girl's mommy gave me 3 pair of pants (2 pair of old navy and one pair is gap, all size 4. ) that she has been saving for me for a while. I was excited to come home and try them on.


They all fit, but not as comfortably as I would have hoped, so now I have a new goal, victory! It's nice to know that I am a size four in (almost) every brand of pants that I have tried on. 

I love my mommy friends, they have been my cheering squad every step of the way. 

Saturday night, we went to hang out with family that had come in to town for a funeral. It was nice spending time with family even though the circumstances were not the best. Lots of playing guitar and singing and talking and catching up. In situations like this weekend I am thankful that I have come so far already so I don't have to panic about being out of control at meal time. After we stayed the night, we ate the breakfast that was served (eggs, sausage, biscuits and blackberry preserves) and came home to get ready for another birthday party. This one was a gymnastics party and the girls had a great time running, swinging and jumping. 

One of my newest challenges for myself is trying to eat more vegetarian. I am allergic to beef and shellfish, and pork gives me heartburn, so I have cut back significantly, but I am learning more from my friends about how to be a healthy vegetarian. Tonight I am going to try a new recipe, I will post more on that, including pictures, later this evening. 


What is your little victory today?

Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment