Thursday, February 17, 2011

feedback, again

I usually get several questions per day, on Facebook, LoseIt!, or in person, from someone wanting advice on weight loss, which is fantastic, but I really love the feedback I get from the same person a month later, most the time, they aren't the same person anymore.

About three weeks ago I talked with a mom (of a student) in my daughter's class about my weight loss. The conversation started off with her mentioning that she has signed up for the Race For the Cure this coming October and she wanted to be in good enough shape to easily walk the 1 mile. I told her about my experience with it last year and how I'd started the year almost 180 lbs, she was skeptical but I continued and told her about LoseIt! I wrote down my email address for her to send me a friend request on the website and she told me she was really excited about it and she would rush home and get signed up. I haven't talked to her about it anymore until this morning. She has lost 14 lbs (10 lbs the first week) and her husband jumped on board and is helping her with it. They sit down together on Sunday afternoons and make a meal plan for the week, they even planned ahead for a birthday they had coming up so they wouldn't have to "cheat". I am always so thrilled to hear people making their relationships stronger through take control of their health together. I think more of us should do that! She said she went to her doctor the first day and got approval (and official numbers) from her doctor. She started doing water aerobics and walking and keeping her food log on a spreadsheet on her computer, her husband is helping with that too. Last week she went back to her doctor and found out she had broken a rib and has been placed on restrictions (lifting no more than 10 lbs, all that jazz) but she is not feeling discouraged because her doctor was so thrilled with her 14lbs loss. I am proud of her and all of the changes she is making, I love hearing people talk about making changes that will help to keep the weight off for life, I really feel like that is KEY!



What is your little victory today?







Guitarplayingmommy,
Heather 


  • P.S. Speaking of feedback: why do YOU read my blog and what questions do YOU want me to answer? 
  • P.P.S. I received a phone call from Full Plate Diet people today!!! more on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment