Saturday, February 12, 2011

senior moment

Yesterday we had the training session in preparation for the senior sneek preview next Friday at my college. I felt so old walking around campus with the current students, I think I am going to feel REALLY old when I have to walk and talk with prospective students. I graduated from high school in 1998, and I was never really a senior. I hate high school so I graduated early when I was 16 and just skipped senior year. I don't have any regrets about that, but I don't really know what to expect next Friday because I never went to a senior day at a college. I really surprised myself with my knowledge of the campus, I think I have had a class in just about every building on campus so I think I will be prepared for being a tour guide. I finished my first degree back in 2001 so it has been a while since I took a lot of the classes, but as I walked around campus yesterday I came across 2 of my former instructors. I was really surprised that they both remembered me (and my husband).

So Friday my victory was this, people who have only known me recently (the last 10 years) don't recognize me after the weight loss, but people who knew me before I gained and lost 50+ lbs say, "wow, you haven't aged a day". I will celebrate that today even though I think I will continue to feel like a (30-year-old) old lady next Friday when I meet all of these high school seniors.

Anyways, I am off to run 14K!!!


What is your little victory today?






Guitarplayingmommy,
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment