Saturday, February 12, 2011

going the distance

Today I ran in the cotton patch 14K race at the boys ranch here in Lubbock. I have been running 7.25 miles on Saturdays the last several weekends easily, and I maybe should have run the 4 mile race today, but I wanted a challenge. I think I definitely got challenged. I kept pace for the first half of the race with a really interesting man, turns out he is the principal for a local high school. At mile 5 I told him I was going to walk to the water station then continue running, I think I shouldn't have done that because I ended up completely alone for the rest of race. I ended up finishing 83rd of 88 racers, and last for my age group. I went into the race telling myself it would be a victory if I finished and wasn't the last person across the finish line, but I still feel a little disappointed. I really don't know how far I want to take my competitive racing. Oh well, it is what it is. Here is the stats from my run today, I left the map on this one public. Really there are some amazing people in this area. I will post some pictures as soon as they are available. My dad has been at all of my races so far, running the first two with me, but he wasn't there this morning, which made me kind of sad, but I didn't have anyone to take pictures for me. When I got home from the race I was already 2000 calories under my calorie budget so we went to dinner at Applebee's for a Valentine's date, which was nice. All in all it was a good day, but I am exhausted.


What is your little victory today?






Guitarplayingmommy,
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment