Thursday, February 24, 2011

Pie Shoppe

For breakfast this morning, since I had left over veggies set aside from yesterday morning, I made another omelet on english muffin again with my coffee before I left for school. I also had the lunch I packed yesterday with my high fiber minestrone soup and some fruit and cheese, but some days planning goes out the window and I just have to adapt. I went to lunch with 4 of my classmates today at a little place called "honeycomb pie shoppe".

So, good!

I walked in with my friends and said (about 3 times out loud and 10 times in my head) I just want pie for lunch, I really did. I'd had never had millionaire pie before until thanksgiving at my mother-in-law's house this past November and now I can't resist..... but I did. Instead I ordered a small bowl of vegetable soup, a side salad with no dressing and a grilled cheese with cheetos. I cut the grilled cheese in half and put the rest in a napkin to eat tomorrow with the lunch I didn't eat today and the cheetos came home with me, unopened, for the kids to have as a treat tomorrow. I was proud of myself for that but it wasn't my only victory today.

I came home from school, and everything else we had to do today,
exhausted. This has been a hard few weeks, sick children, death in the family, and now sick husband, I just wanted to come home and sleep, but I didn't. Instead I went and ran a quick two miles. Not much, just a quick calorie burn to get my blood moving so I can finish everything I need to do today.

I feel kind of bad that I didn't do EA active yesterday like I had planned, but I think I will try to do it once a week for a little while until I am less sore from it. I could hardly lift my arms the last few days.

Time to give myself some slack and rest, then pick myself back up tomorrow..... or maybe Monday.

What is your little victory today?

 Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment