Monday, February 14, 2011

Full Plate Diet

I post a lot about LoseIt! and Couch to 5K crediting both as key elements in my weight loss, but one thing I have not talked much about is the Full Plate Diet. At one point I was an avid couponer... I subscribed to about 15 different blogs about couponing and spent the whole day sitting in front of my computer reading blogs and looking for coupons. One of the blogs I was following posted an entry about the full plate diet giving away 20000 copies of their book for free advance copy. I jumped right on that, free shipping! I got the book in the mail and quickly read through it and tossed it in the cabinet with all the other diet and cook books without much thought. It wasn't until my husband was diagnosed with diverticulosis that I really thought about the importance of fiber in my diet. I was watching my fiber intake a little when I first started losing weight, but it wasn't really a priority. When we came home from the hospital after his appointment, I held a pamphlet in my hand about fiber and colon health, a lightbulb turned on..... didn't I have a book about fiber? I went home and searched the cabinet and found that book. I started planning my meals to include more fiber (slowly) and trying to sneak it into our meals, like adding cauliflower to mashed potatoes.... try it, it's awesome! I noticed that my *ahem* issues went away.

Today, my victory:
I received a message on FaceBook from a representative of the Full Plate Diet thanking me for posting my picture on their page. She said I've inspired many others to continue and even take the first step in their weight loss journey and she asked if I would be open to them posting my story on their website!!! WOW! so awesome!

What is your little victory today?




Guitarplayingmommy,
Heather 

No comments:

Post a Comment