Wednesday, April 6, 2011

new breakfast options

I am so excited about this cereal I bought. From childhood on my favorite cereal was always plain cheerios with chopped up strawberry and banana chunks, but I am allergic to oats, strawberries and bananas. I don't know if it is because I avoided these things for the last several years, or if it stems from my weight loss, but I am able to add a lot of the foods I am allergic to, back into my diet. Oats would always blister my mouth and upset my stomach, but now I can eat it again. YAY! So here it is, the new cereal....
in 3/4 cup 110 calories, 1.5g fat, 3g protein and an amazing 9g fiber. 
in 1 cup 110 calories, 1g fat, 10g protein, but it also has 360mg calcium and 32 mg Omega-3s

And now I will have some fruit while I study before class again tomorrow.
1/2 pink lady apple
whole small grannie smith apple
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1 "no sugar added cup" of mixed fruit

232 calories, 11.2g fiber


What is your little victory today?

 Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm, that looks yummy! So glad that you can add those good things back into your diet.
    My victory this week was reaching the 300 mile marker in my 1200 mile virtual bike ride. Woo Hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've enticed me to go hunting for that cereal now. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was quite tasty, but I overestimated my tolerance of it. I was pretty sickly the rest of the day, no more oats :(

    ReplyDelete