Wednesday, April 13, 2011

snacking

Every night I treat myself to a dessert after dinner, usually a skinny cow truffle bar (only 100 calories) but as I have mentioned before, I have a lot of food allergies, one of those being chocolate. I can still eat it but lately it has started making my mouth hurt again. So I have been on a mission lately trying to find some kind of ice cream thing to snack on that doesn't have chocolate. Tonight after dinner I went to the freezer again looking for something sweet and this is what I ended up with:


1 cup frozen blueberries (70 calories, 4g fiber)
4 Tbps (1/4 cup) fat free cool whip (30 calories)

Amazingly this is satisfying my sweet fix and it costs the same number of calories as the skinny cow truffle bar, but with a 4g fiber bonus..... but my tongue is purple. Oh well, matches my hair.

What is your little victory today?

 Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

1 comment:

  1. My sister is diabetic and she introduced me to frozen blueberries with a little skim milk and Splenda. The milk starts to freeze when you stir it up with the frozen berries and gets slushy. It's actually pretty good.

    ReplyDelete