Saturday, April 2, 2011

monte cristo

A few of my friends asked where I get my recipes from so I will make sure to give credit as to where I got a recipe from... this is from All You magazine sometime last year.

You can follow the link to see the original ingredients and recipe, but this is how I make it. I serve it with raspberry preserves, Mmmmmmm.


4 slices Swiss cheese
1/2 pkg. (1 sheet) frozen puff pastry, thawed
4 (1 ounce) slices smoked turkey
4 (1 ounce) slices smoked ham
egg beaters



Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unfold pastry into 12" square and use a little water to smooth out the fold lines and cut into 4 (6 inch) squares. 
Layer 1 slice turkey, 1 slice ham, 1 slice cheese, 1 slice turkey, and 1 slice ham in center of each square. 
brush edges of squares with egg beaters. (the original recipe calls for a whole egg and water mixed, but egg beaters is 30calories vs. 70-90 calories for 1 egg and it is pasteurized and easier, in my opinion)
Fold squares to form triangles; seal edges. Place on baking sheet and brush with remaining egg mixture. 
Bake 25 minutes or until golden. 


What is your little victory today?

 Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment