Wednesday, March 30, 2011

chicken cacciatore

Yesterday was a busy, busy day with a lab test in the morning so I set up the crock pot so I would have supper ready when I walked in the door. 

 This meal is really simple, I just place my boneless skinless chicken thighs in the bottom of the crockpot and cover it with spaghetti sauce and leave it on low for 8-10 hours.
The best part about this is that I already know what I will have for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  
 When I came home I scraped some of the sauce off a few pieces of chicken (for the picky eaters) and pulled the chicken out too cool.
 I boiled some water for pasta to go ahead and feed the kids.
Then I chop a whole bunch of mushrooms (and sometimes garlic, onion and bell pepper) and toss it into the spaghetti sauce to cook some more after I have shredded the chicken. This picture doesn't really do it justice, that chicken was so tender it just fell apart, and the sauce smelled so fantastic.
 I also cooked some garlic french bread from the bakery at the grocery store according to the directions on the foil bag.

I forgot to take a picture of my bowl, sorry. But it was GOOD!



What is your little victory today?

 Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment