Thursday, March 3, 2011

time for an update

Sorry for my absence, I have been studying non-stop for 2 A&P exams this week.

Here's my victories this week that I was too busy to post:

Tuesday: I woke up in a hurry and, with the light off, grabbed the first shirt I could reach in the closet without waking my husband. It's a silly shirt that I bought at Wal-Mart for $3 but I haven't worn it in a while because I didn't like the way it clung to my shapely arms too much. I put the shirt on in a hurry and I had to stop and look at myself in the mirror.... it was loose! The only picture I have of me wearing it before was after I had burned my arm, so the sleeves were pulled up anyways, not a good one to compare with, but I knew how it had felt and I was excited the shirt was looser.
Wednesday I spent the whole day at home studying and knew I needed some good brain food, so I started the day off right. I had an english muffin with cream cheese and raspberry preserves and in a bowl I mixed up 1/2 an apple and 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. Only 230 calories and a whopping 18.5 g fiber, WOW! And it was quite tasty and I didn't have to stop studying, to eat, for a while.



Today I was feeling kind of down after the brain power required for the two tests this week. I stopped with my kids to pick up something at Walgreens and we found the coolest little toy. Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE butterflies, so we had to get one. Katelyn, my six-year-old, reminded me the Monarch is the state butterfly of Texas so that is the one we chose. Just a side note, the Train song, Get To Me was playing on the radio too. I think it's a sign.... I feel like I've shed a layer this last year for sure.


If you don't know the song, check it out here....



What is your little victory today?

 Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment