Thursday, March 17, 2011

red vs. green

This morning I was able to go quilt again at the church but my grandmother was not feeling up to it. After visiting with a very small group at quilting I met my brother and his wife and my parents at Chipotle for lunch. I was so excited to go to Chipotle, me and my dad stopped there on our way back from Steamboat Springs, Colorado and it was fantastic! I felt a little betrayed when my brother told me it was owned my McDonald's though! BAH! Anyways, After lunch we went to my parents house and they watched my kids so I could go run.


Today is a day that is supposed to be full of green: wear green, eat green, green beer..... but after my run this afternoon I am thinking RED!

I had signed up to do a "virtual" 5K race today that my friend JuryAnn over at diet chic on a mission has been talking about. The rules are pretty simple: 
  • run outside or on a treadmill, 
  • wear something green while you run and 
  • take a photo of your final time. 


I wore a green ribbon in my hair 

and wrapped a green sweatband around my wrist. 


Since my new nike+ sensor isn't calibrated correctly yet, I set my Runkeeper app too and I still ended up running too far, oops. I ran 3.59 miles in 43:24 but I hit 5K/3.1 miles at 38:09. Not my best time, but it was fun anyways. Here is the Runkeeper data and the Nike+ data. On my way back to my parents' house I stopped at a coffee shop and bought a bottle of water and saw several people I knew, I'm excited to talk to people about running, I wish there were a more runner-friendly area close to my house for when I am able to run on the weekends. It got up to 93º today, I'm used to running indoors on the treadmill with about 3 fans going, or outside when it's 40-50ºF so I was not too happy about running, but I made it. I put on 50 SPF sunscreen before I left the house, but I still ended up sunburned. 


We had a tea party with my parents in their backyard when I got back to their house and we ate some fruit too. After we got home and cleaned up we packed up the car and headed to a birthday party for a family friend. 


I thought about something my friend posted yesterday on LoseIt! "You will like being skinny more than you like cake, I promise" My response to him  I feel the same way, but I also remind myself it takes 3500 calories to equal one pound so I won't gain it all back in one piece of cake. But honestly, once I finally cut it out of my options for a while, going back to it was always a disappointment. I don't like cake, I like icing. The cake tonight was a bunch of cupcakes with about a tablespoon of icing between them, so I grabbed a cupcake to put it on my daughters plate and I took that thumb-size portion of icing and ate it, It was good, but a whole lot less than a whole cupcake would have been, and my craving was satisfied so I could walk away. There was someone at the party asking about how many carbs were in something, my first thought was diabetic, but she was not diabetic, she is on the HcG diet. I get sad when I think about how many people have resorted to drastic measures to lose weight, it doesn't have to hurt that much. it's just math. If you have a minute read this article about a man who lost 27lbs on the twinkie diet. For me, I am content eating whatever I want within my budget and being healthy. 


If you read my post the other day about the guy who's lost 146 lbs using LoseIt! and his advice, he started a page with his story, check it out!
http://www.fatbassman.fatcow.com/fatstory.html


What is your little victory today? 


Guitarplayingmommy, 


Heather

2 comments:

  1. You did awesome on the 5K! :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 5K!!! That kind of temperature is brutal so EXTRA kudos! :)
    I love the quote about the cake! can't wait to be skinny. hehe

    ReplyDelete