Sunday, March 13, 2011

So much to update!

 Next week is spring break so I should have more time to update then but a lot has happened this week:


On Monday I finally found a bra that fits, I had to go down a whole cup size, but it fits pretty well. 

One of my friends posted on FaceBook last week about gaining 6 pounds overnight, turns out it was only temporary and stemmed from a high sodium celebration meal at a restaurant for her husbands birthday but it really got me thinking. For a long time I took a ham and cheese sandwich to school/work with me for lunch everyday but recently, with the cold weather, I started eating soup everyday. High sodium canned soup. It never occurred to me that I could be retaining water so this Friday I took a big bowl of cut up fruit for my lunch. Sure enough I got to my parents house for dinner, weighed and I had lost another couple of pounds, reaching my goal of losing 50lbs total. Pretty exciting! When I started out I was considered to be morbidly obese, 178lbs and 4' 11" but now at 128 lbs I am NORMAL! I am amazed at how much of a difference the last 10 lbs has made. 

The "before" was taken on May 15th at 139.5 lbs 
The after was today at 128 lbs

Saturday was so much fun, I ran the 4 mile prairie dog town race with my Dad. 


I finished in 40:57, 100th out of 119 racers, 11th out of 13 in my age group. 

the medals were so cute with a little prairie dog on them. 
My Dad finished in 47:12 and 114th (of 119) and 1st in his age group. 
And of course Mrs. Haukos was there too!

I have some good memories of going to prairie dog town with my family when I was little , this is me and my little sister and our grandmother. We're so stinking cute. I miss my sister. 


When I started out the race my phone told me, yet again, that my Nike+ sensor was low so my husband took me shopping and bought me a new sensor and some shorts. 

As I have mentioned before I gained weight very quickly when I started college and I was covered in stretch marks from my thighs down to the backs of my calves, so I have had no desire to wear shorts in the last 11 or so years. This is such a big step for me to want to wear shorts, the next step will be wearing them in public. I still have the scars from the stretch marks, but they have faded significantly. I"m really excited about having some shorts that actually look nice! This is the second time we have spent money (too much in my opinion) on clothes for me, but my husband keeps insisting that I deserve to be spoiled and he wants me to have clothes that look nice. 



What is your little victory today?

Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment