Thursday, March 24, 2011

organic running

All afternoon I have been considering taking a nap instead of getting on the treadmill like I usually do Tuesday and Thursday after school. This new antihistamine has my head in a fog, my breathing is still not feeling right and I am just exhausted. It seems I have been slowing down more and more with every run so I took the advice from my friend Sasha at eat the damn cupcake. I've been too obsessed with going by the book and running with couch to 5K/bridge to 10K and not focusing on what my body needs right now. When I run on the weekend I go outside and I have to go without netflix or hulu and I just enjoy my music. I don't know why I didn't simplify before but I do hope I can figure out this allergy situation and start running all out again. For now I am content with a quick 2 mile calorie burn.

So thank you Sasha for reminding me to simplify.

What is your little victory today?

 Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

2 comments:

  1. I still struggle to resist overcomplicating things but I'm doing better. In fact, sometimes I have arguments with myself beforehand. Maybe I shouldn't admit that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, right? I argue with myself daily. That's why I feel compelled to post a victory. To force myself to do something in a more positive direction

    ReplyDelete