Monday, March 28, 2011

pork chops

So tonight I had planned to make chicken fried steak (my husband's favorite) but he asked me to do something else, CFS is too heavy for him to work tomorrow, so instead I made pork chops.
The kids don't eat it very well so I made them fish sticks to go with the corn and macaroni and cheese. 
I started their water boiling to cook the corn-on-the-cob and macaroni noodles. 
Since I only bought 6 corn cobs I did some bargain shopping in the freezer to find something for me to eat. The kids had two corn cobs each leaving two for my husband to have and I had this instead:
My husband had to work late so I made the kids meal first then I started everything when he came home. 
I tossed my whole wheat pasta with the veggie mix instead of traditional macaroni and cheese. 
I seasoned the pork chops with salt, pepper and parmesan cheese
 And baked them in the 400ยบ oven for 30 minutes.
nuked my veggies 
and tossed it with the pasta. 

Here's my plate:

Here's my husband's plate:

I don't think I'm missing anything, it was pretty darn good. 



What is your little victory today?

 Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

2 comments:

  1. mmm sounds so yummy! I was thiking of what I could make for dinner today, I think I'll try it :)

    ReplyDelete