Monday, March 28, 2011

finding a bargain

I have always been a bargain shopper but these days it seems I'm looking for a different kind of bargain. Seriously, this tastes too good to be good for you too.
1/4 cup raspberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 pink lady apple
2 Tbsp fat free cool whip
(106 calories, 6.5g fiber, 1.4g protein)

It's only 1 o'clock and I'm already at 34.5g fiber for today. 

So here's the rest of my bargains from today:
Breakfast: thomas brand english muffin with laughing cow cream cheese and polaner sugar free fiber (raspberry/strawberry/apricot) preserves. I bought the cream cheese (3 pack for $6.98) and the english muffins (two 9-packs for $5.14) at sam's, which is a fantastic deal both financially and nutritionally. Now I have breakfast for 3 weeks for about $15 (with the preserves)


Lunch: Progresso black beans and jalapeno canned soup with some sharp cheddar. 
What is your favorite nutritional bargain?

I had intended to make chicken fried steak for dinner but my husband said not for tonight, so I will have to figure out something else for dinner. 



What is your little victory today?

 Guitarplayingmommy,

Heather

4 comments:

  1. That big bowl of fruit looks sooooo good right now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That screenshot from whatever program you're using looks fabulous -- what site or program is that??

    ReplyDelete
  3. great question, Cricket. the website/app is LoseIt! It is available for free at LoseIt.com and there is also a free app for iPhone/iPod and they are working on the app for android too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh awesome - thanks so much, Heather! I'm loving catching up on your blog, btw! :)

    ReplyDelete