Sunday, March 6, 2011

quinoa stuffed EVERYthing!

On Monday, I tried a new recipe for quinoa stuffed bell peppers, it was pretty good but my husband and I both thought it would have been better NOT stuffed in the peppers. Don't get me wrong I love bell peppers, but they were kind of naked in this meal and tasted kind of bland. The recipe made a ton of food and we only ate about 1/2 of it on Monday night and my friend Kristen had told me her family had tried it in quesadillas so we decided we would try this. We had some fajita chicken meat on hand so we cooked up the chicken and threw in the left overs and warmed it all through. Paired with some tortillas from a local restaurant and some chips, queso and salsa and we had a fiesta. It was fantastic! We had it for dinner two nights in a row, and we even have one left that I may save for lunch tomorrow. Of course adding chicken made it no longer vegetarian, but still, high fiber, high protein and fantastic.

This has been a fairly uneventful weekend, but next weekend will be another race. 4 miles at the prairie dog town with my dad. I am excited to run with him again, I didn't do any running this week at all with the craziness of school. Friday I dropped my daughter off with my mother-in-law and stopped at the grocery store for a cup of coffee and the cashier asked me if I was a runner. I proudly replied yes, but with a little guilt that I haven't run at all this week. I was quite surprised by my reaction to the question though, as I walked out the door I thought, no one has ever just asked me if I was a runner. I am stoked that someone thinks I look like a runner, even though I don't think I look like a runner.

This weekend has been full of doubt. I have started a new post about 4 times and just walked away and changed my mind. It's been a thoughtful weekend, for sure. One friend posted on her LoseIt! feed that she'd had a bad day, gone way over her calorie budget and wanted to give up, but she didn't. I sent her a message and let her know I can usually tell who will stick with their goals until they reach it and who will fizzle out pretty fast. SHE WILL SUCCEED! It takes a lot to allow yourself to "fail" but still confess and just move on, in other words, allow yourself to go over your calorie budget and keep track of it and come back the next day and just keep on going. It sounds completely backwards, but if you don't allow yourself to "live a little" and to understand that this is about making lifelong changes that will last you a life time, if you don't allow yourself those days you don't have the drive to continue with it for life. It's not a diet it's a life style change.

Today I was looking through some old pictures on my computer and I found this... This is from June 30th in the elevator going up to my brother's office. I just think it is amazing, I was about 137 lbs here, that was 41 lbs lost, and only about 9 lbs more than I am at right now but this is just a follow up to a previous posts. I hated the rolls on my back, that was the one thing I really wanted gone.













What is your little victory today?



Guitarplayingmommy, Heather

1 comment:

  1. You inspire me!! Congrats on your successful journey!

    ReplyDelete