Monday, January 24, 2011

Nerd at Heart!

As I mentioned last week school started again and we are talking about the heart in my A&P 2 class. Well, this weekend, we had set out a whole chicken from our freezer to thaw but never got around to cooking it for supper, so I was stuck skinning the chicken all by myself tonight. Usually my husband does all the really messy stuff in the kitchen so I don't have to, but I actually kind of enjoyed it tonight. I took all of the innards out of the chicken and inspected the heart. I took my kitchen scissors out and cut into it and looked at the inside. It was fascinating and I only gagged once. I'm proud of myself for that, and I got lots of studying and laundry done today, too.


I did talk with a friend today that I haven't talked to in a while. He is a runner too, but he hasn't done much running lately, just got wrapped up in life. I think he may join the West Texas Running Club with me and I am excited about that. He is the person who encouraged me to get the nike+. Being the crafty hooker mommy that I am, I crocheted a pouch to put my nike+ sensor in. I attached a tiny binder clip and  attached it to the front of my shoe.

Last year I ran a lot of miles using nike+ but this year I am really liking runkeeper..... it's fun to see the differences between this year and last year.

Today my little victory was finally filling out the paperwork to join the West Texas Running Club. It will go in the mail in the morning!


What is your little victory today?


Guitarplayingmommy,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment