Friday, January 28, 2011

reality check

I should know better than to get wrapped up in the number on the scale. My "big news" that I was hoping to post tonight was that I had reached my goal of 50lbs loss so far, but instead I gained this week. I really should know better, I have tracked my weight every Friday for over a year and consistently I have lost one week and either had a small gain or no change the next week and lost double the following week. Get ready for TMI, I retain water the week of my period and ovulation so in all actuality I might lose every week but not have it show on the scale due to water retention. I stopped weighing at the end of the year with the busyness of the holidays and just started back to it the first of January.

I guess I was just expecting a miracle.

Anyways, I'd had no confidence in the LoseIt! program when I started so I had not taken any before pictures until January 30, 2010. So here is my picture......



This week is still a win.

Days like today I need to remember that I LOVE me, and I need to be nice.




What is your little victory today?


Guitarplayingmommy,
Heather

2 comments:

  1. A great post, Heather! That is exactly the way you should look at it! I beat myself up sometimes when I don't log in or I don't lose I feel guilty, but then it hits me, I've come this far, I'm so much better off than I was a year ago, I feel better, I'm doing good with my sugar and high blood pressure. I then get reminded how much I've grown as a person, and how I've grown in the 'Me' I wanted to be for years. Its a challenge every week but also I have to be happy for the accomplishments that I've managed to work for and achieve! So PROUD of you! Your doing fantastic and reading your blog already makes me want to get back going and get to logging into Lose It! You look great, proud of you and (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I seriously considered not logging that 1/2 pound gain, but I have so many people looking to me for motivation and I want them ALL to know that I'm not perfect. but I have to pick myself back up and get back to it tomorrow. I don't know what you're had going on lately but I know that you seem to be happier when you are making your needs a priority, I know I DO!! Be good to yourself. You deserve it, girl. And SO DO I!

    ReplyDelete