Friday, January 14, 2011

happy surprises

I came to a startling realization today, I am happy.

I am not surprised that I am happy, but just how far I have come in one year. I was so unhappy with everything in my life a year ago and now it all seems to flow. I used to feel pulled in every direction except the one I wanted. Taking care of the kids, cleaning house, working on school stuff, laundry, grocery shopping.... I was always busy but it seemed I didn't have time to do anything I wanted to do. The day that I made the decision to put myself as a priority everything improved. Suddenly, I wanted to take care of myself. My wonderful husband has stepped up and taken over some of my household chores and I have had a really hard time with letting go, but I truly feel supported. The people in my life are on board with helping me to be a better person because I am making the effort to take care of myself.

Today's victory is support. I feel like I have a community around me that supports my decisions and efforts to be a healthier person.

Thank you for my brother's support today and watching my daughter while I took the entrance exam for nursing school. I passed and will turn in my applications to two nursing schools next week.

What is your little victory today?

Guitarplayingmommy,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment