Sunday, January 23, 2011

new distances

I posted last night that I didn't get to run, but I got out today with Harley and we ran our longest distance yet, 7.23 miles. I really like running on Sunday afternoon, the air smells like laundry. We ran over the loop again, here's a picture from the top of the loop. 

Lubbock sure is flat, but we have lots of sky.

Anyways, Harley had fun, but at the end of the first mile I ran across some uneven gravel and thought I might have to call my husband to come rescue me. I kept going and just walked for a little while until my ankle stopped hurting so bad, but I was scared I really broke something. 


I got home and also noticed that I have, what looks like, a rash on the front of both of my legs. I think my new shoes don't like me very much......

Running is kicking my butt.




What is your little victory today?

Guitarplayingmommy,
Heather


1 comment:

  1. Wow you make me want to get out and do some running! Loving your posts!! Your encouraging, girl! Sorry about the ankle, hope it feels better. Also hope your new shoes get broke in and don't cause any further reactions for you to have to deal with. (I'm good at having similarities happen, I break out in hives over everything it seems- it sucks completely so I feel your wrath!)

    ReplyDelete