Wednesday, January 19, 2011

long and lean

One of my goals with my weightloss has been to get fit. I grew up a dancer and never had trouble with my weight until I graduated from high school and moved out on my own. In high school I walked to my grandmother's house every day for lunch and I had two dance classes twice a week, but I still hated high school. I graduated at 16 and moved out of my parents house my first semester of college when I was 17 and I started working at IHOP. I can't blame the places I worked for my weight, but I think it definitely didn't help for me to go from a fatty food restaurant to a desk job in a bank call center. I quickly packed on the pounds and went from a slim 115 to 140 in just about a year. I didn't think it was that bad until I started noticing the stretch marks all over my body. I was covered in a road map, but still felt like I had no direction. One of these days I may get brave enough to post a picture of my stretch mark scars, but not today.
Today, I feel I am on the right track to being (as close as I can get to) long and lean. I am short, 4'11" so long will have to be imagined, but I will try to keep my expectations relative to my size. Anyways, I started doing the EA active so I can get some resistance training in to my routine. After a year of running I finally feel like I am starting to get back my dancer's body..... er, um, runner's body? Anyways, victory!
































What is your little victory today?

Guitarplayingmommy,
Heather

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like we have similar stories :)
    You are looking great! I'd take those calves any day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Heather.
    The two jobs that kept me skinny were IHOP and delivering pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! really? IHOP was not great for me. I was a hostess though, so my job was not as demanding as waiting tables. I miss the interaction with people somedays, but not very often. People were not very nice to me there.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete