Saturday, January 22, 2011

new friends

Last night I received a message on my facebook account from someone asking me to send a friend request on the LoseIt! app. The message stated, "I just saw your Before and After Pics, (on LoseIt's facebook page) you're an Inspiration". After accepting the friend request she sent me a few messages, they were so touching! 
I keep looking at your picture, it is keeping me motivated, your Bio brought tears to my eyes, because I feel exactly that way and I hope to have a similiar story in the end. I have finally realized my weight is holding me down and is affecting my life, that isn't what I want for myself or my Family. I want to be a Role Model for my Children. I want to be Happy again, I want to control food, not let it control me.


I remember feeling this way in the beginning of my journey, and I still have my moments. I have days that I go way over budget, but I have learned to just accept it, and move on. Shit happens.... and on days like today, I just accept it.


I have made a plan to run every Tuesday and Thursday on the treadmill and run outside on Saturdays when my husband is at home to watch the kids. I got up this morning with big plans of running my longest distance today, but instead we worked on the house. Moved half of the kitchen cabinetry out and laid new tiles down in the kitchen floor. I am sure I burned calories, but I sure was looking forward to an hour and a half of just listening to music and the sound of my feet pounding on the pavement. Tomorrow, I will run, but tonight I am enjoying the feedback I have received today. 


I feel honored to have so many people send me messages with thanks with specifics about what has effected them. I am learning how I can better help my friends and hopefully that will help me in my career as a nurse. 


If you would like to read my bio, check it out HERE.


My weight loss photos are all available HERE



What is your little victory today?

Guitarplayingmommy,
Heather

2 comments:

  1. It is enormously touching to me when I receive comments from people who are looking to me as a source for inspiration. You have a lot to be proud of! Today I lost the last pound of my first goal, so I've lost a total of 105 pounds. That's my little victory today. It was just one pound but it was a very important one to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Sasha! I have one more pound to my original goal of 50. I am proud of you, girl! woot!

    ReplyDelete